I would have preferred to post this last Wednesday, one year after the first posts on this website. However, the introduction of Raven’s Run over on Serial took precedence.
I did some of my best post writing during that early period when no one was reading. Everything was fresh and new, and I was introducing myself for the first time. I reposted a few when it was appropriate, particularly in March of 2016 when I began Jandrax over in serial, but most of those early posts are still unread by those who are with me today.
Eventually, I plan an annotated index of all posts, but for now, here is a partial version so you can dip into the past if you want.
2. Turn Left at Chicago – How a fortuitous failure set me on the road to writing.
3. It Was 40 Years Ago Today – The act of sitting down to write a first novel.
6. Planet Oklahoma (1) – From birth to my first encounter with a library.
7. Planet Oklahoma (2) – A library changes my life.
9. Old Libraries – Old libraries, old books, and re-reading.
10. Book Words – Being the only person who reads
11. Why the Tractosaur Wouldn’t Go – Hearing and speaking Okie.
12. Why Okies Can’t Use the Dictionary – Mispronunciation guides.